A faster drawdown could ease the strain across the armed forces and free up extra units for duty in Afghanistan.
- 3 July, 2010 ‘Stability’ Mission In Iraq Won’t Mean End of Fighting Even after a reduction in troop numbers, American forces will still hunt terrorists after the August deadline that President Obama set for the end of the combat mission in Iraq.
- 9 September, 2009 Attacks Muddle American Plans to Draw Down in Iraq Four American soldiers were killed Tuesday in two bombings, underscoring the dangers troops still face as they prepare for a large-scale reduction of forces next year.
- 12 December, 2013 Fire opened at IDF force on Lebanon border Shots fired at troops patrolling border near Metulah. No injuries or damage were reported. IDF estimates teen-hunters from other side of border misfired weapons
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 30 July, 2009 Gates Sees Faster Iraq Troop Pullout Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said that as many as 5,000 U.S. troops might leave Iraq earlier than planned.