The studentsí antigovernment protest was a further indication that government efforts to intimidate student leaders have not been entirely successful.
- 8 December, 2009 Iranian Students Clash With Police Thousands gathered at universities in the first major anti-government protest in weeks.
- 7 December, 2009 Iranian Student Protesters Clash With Police Thousands gathered at universities around the country, in the first major anti-government protests in weeks.
- 2 February, 2010 Iran, With Opposition Protests Continuing, Executes More Prisoners Critics of the Tehran government said two recent hangings were an effort to intimidate its opponents, who plan a large demonstration for Feb. 11.
- 18 September, 2009 Protesters defy Iranian rally ban Demonstrators defy a ban and stage anti-government protests during an annual Jerusalem Day rally in Iran's capital, Tehran.
- 1 May, 2010 Call for Antigovernment Protest Goes Unheeded in Iran A planned demonstration failed to materialize on Saturday, apparently the result of intimidation and a large police presence.