Iranian security officials were believed to have arrested as many as 1,000 people in the past two months, a rights group said.
- 9 February, 2010 Iran Moving to Silence Dissent With Arrests, Analysts Say Iranian security officials were believed to have arrested as many as 1,000 people in the past two months, a rights group said.
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 25 June, 2009 Iran Stepping Up Effort to Quell Election Protest The Iranian leadership has begun casting anyone who disputes the presidential election result as an enemy of the nation.
- 2 March, 2011 Iran: 200 protesters ‘arrested’ Iranian opposition groups say more than 200 people were arrested on Tuesday while trying to protest in Tehran over the reported imprisonment of two leaders.
- 31 August, 2011 VIDEO: Torture ‘widely used’ in Syria crackdown Torture is being widely used and at least 88 people have died in detention in the past four months according to Amnesty International. This video contains some disturbing images.