Iraqís election commission said most of the 515 candidates disqualified from parliamentary elections would in fact remain off the ballot.
- 27 April, 2010 Iraqi Court Disqualifies Dozens of Candidates A parliamentary candidate was disqualified, most likely reversing the defeat of Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Malikiís alliance, in a move that could delay the formation of a new government.
- 22 January, 2010 Barred Politicians Mostly Secular, Iraqi Says A commissionís decision to bar about 500 candidates from Marchís parliamentary elections has angered Sunnis, who feel they are being excluded from Iraqi politics.
- 1 December, 2011 Egypt election results delayed to Friday The head of Egypt's election commission said the announcement of final results for first-round parliamentary elections has been delayed until Friday.
- 31 March, 2010 Call to bar Iraq election winners Six winning candidates in Iraq's elections should be disqualified over alleged ties to Saddam Hussein, a vetting panel says.
- 23 January, 2010 Biden seeks to ease Iraq poll row US Vice-President Joe Biden holds talks in Iraq to try to mediate in a bitter row over disqualified election candidates.