A day after his government collapsed, Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende said he expected Dutch troops to come home from Afghanistan this year.
- 9 April, 2013 Libyan prime minister’s abducted aide is freed TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — A senior Libyan official says that the prime minister's chief of staff has been freed after eight days in captivity by a militia.
- 7 September, 2015 Obama administration weighing range of responses to refugee crisis: spokesman WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration is considering a range of approaches in response to the global refugee crisis including with regard to refugee resettlement, a White House spokesman said on Monday. "We are also in regular contact with co...
- 8 November, 2013 Arab Spring fallout fuels Mediterranean smuggling rise By Peter Apps LONDON (Reuters) - The chaotic fallout of the "Arab Spring" is fuelling a surge in the smuggling of drugs, weapons and people across the Mediterranean, and cash-strapped regional powers are struggling to respond. Last month, European lead...
- 30 June, 2009 U.S. Pullout From Iraqi Cities Marked by Holiday Iraq declared a holiday Tuesday to celebrate the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraqi cities and towns, but many Iraqis stayed home, fearing violence.
- 27 February, 2009 Obama to reveal Iraq pullout plan President Barack Obama is expected to announce his plan to withdraw most of the US troops from Iraq by 2010.