Thousands of pro-government Iranians mark the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, amid reports of opposition protests.
- 11 February, 2010 Huge crowds back Iran Revolution Iran's president addresses thousands for the 1979 revolution anniversary, as the opposition tries to stage protests.
- 31 January, 2009 Iranians mark Islamic revolution Iran marks the 30th anniversary of the Islamic revolution that overthrew the US-backed former ruler, the Shah.
- 30 December, 2009 Iran government supporters rally Tens of thousands of Iranians stage rallies around the country in favour of their government, following opposition protests.
- 15 February, 2010 Opposition in Iran Meets a Crossroads on Strategy After a vast street protest failed to materialize last week on the anniversary of the countryís Islamic Revolution, opposition supporters are re-examining their movement.
- 5 August, 2009 Defiant Iran president takes oath Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is sworn in for a second term as president of Iran, amid continuing post-election protests.