The president is pursuing a global agreement on sanctions against Iran, while trying to win Chinaís backing for such a move and dissuading Israel from attacking.
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 8 November, 2009 Medvedev Says Russia May Back Sanctions on Iran if Nuclear Deal Falls Apart The statement by President Dmitri A. Medvedev resembles an earlier one, but it takes on added significance now because Iran has equivocated on the international agreement.
- 24 November, 2013 Obama to Netanyahu: US will remain committed to Israel PM, US president discuss Iran nuclear deal, White House reports. Though Netanyahu reiterates agreement is 'dangerous,' Iran expert says deal has positive features, such as continuing oil sanctions
- 30 September, 2013 Biden: Nuclear Iran dangerous to Israel Speaking at national J Street conference, US vice president assures Israel sanctions over Tehran powerful, says Obama committed to Israel's safety
- 9 April, 2015 Rouhani: Iran will only sign final nuclear deal if sanctions end on same day Iran's president says agreement will only occur if all sanctions are lifted at once, days after White House declares it wants gradual phase-out.