The Obama administration hopes to undermine the Revolutionary Guards, the group that runs Iranís nuclear program, supports militant organizations and cracks down on protesters.
- 11 February, 2010 U.S. Penalizes Companies Tied to Iran Corps The sanctions targeting the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps of Iran underscored the Obama administrationís determination to single out the elite corps as a way to curb Iranís nuclear program.
- 13 November, 2013 Hezbollah leader makes rare public appearance BEIRUT (AP) — Failure to reach a deal between Iran and world powers over Tehran's nuclear program could lead to a war in the Middle East, the leader of Lebanon's Hezbollah group said Wednesday.
- 10 May, 2018 Iran’s long arm: Who is the elite Quds force that attacked Israel from Syria The Revolutionary Guard's Quds Force is charged with arming proxies across the Middle East and even the world ‚Äď and is behind a number of past attempts to hit Israel
- 3 January, 2010 U.S. Sees an Opportunity to Press Iran on Nuclear Fuel Setbacks in its nuclear program and protests in the streets are making Iranís leaders vulnerable to strong new sanctions, the Obama administration says.
- 17 March, 2016 US Republican senators propose stricter sanctions on Iran WASHINGTON (AP) — A group of U.S. Republican senators on Thursday unveiled legislation that requires the Obama administration to impose stricter sanctions on every sector of Iran's economy that supports the country's ballistic missile program.