The highest-ranking American official to visit Syria in five years held talks with President Bashar al-Assad of Syria, part of a U.S. effort to mend ties with Syria.
- 5 June, 2014 Iran president ‘to visit Turkey on Monday’ Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is expected to visit Turkey on Monday, for the first time since he was elected last year, a Turkish official said. The Iranian leader is expected to meet Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara for talks on bilateral ties and the broader Middle […]
- 18 February, 2009 Syria urges better ties with US Syria's President Bashar al-Assad tells the Guardian newspaper he wants the US to engage in talks and restore full diplomatic ties.
- 13 November, 2013 Hezbollah leader makes rare public appearance BEIRUT (AP) — Failure to reach a deal between Iran and world powers over Tehran's nuclear program could lead to a war in the Middle East, the leader of Lebanon's Hezbollah group said Wednesday.
- 20 July, 2009 Colombian VP Calderon Strengthens Ties with Israel Pro-Israel Colombian Vice President Francisco Santos Calderon arrived in Israel on a five-day official visit as part of a Middle East tour.
- 8 November, 2013 UN launches polio vaccination campaign in Mideast GENEVA (AP) — The United Nations says a massive campaign to vaccinate children in the Middle East against polio has begun after the first cases in 14 years were confirmed in northeastern Syria last week.