The Yemeni authorities declare a ceasefire with rebels in the north, who pledge to abide by the truce.
- 26 September, 2009 Yemen to fight rebels for ‘years’ Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh says his government is ready to spend five or six years fighting Shia rebels in the north.
- 21 September, 2009 Yemen’s North Hit by Bloodiest Fighting in Years The Yemeni Army fought back a major offensive by rebels in the northern city of Saada, killing dozens of insurgents, witnesses and Yemeni officials said.
- 10 September, 2009 Yemen claims success over rebels Yemeni officials say 17 Houthi fighters have been killed and four arrested in the latest fighting in the north of the country.
- 11 April, 2011 Libya rebels reject AU truce plan Libya's rebels reject a ceasefire plan put forward by an African Union delegation and reportedly accepted by Col Gaddafi.
- 20 September, 2011 ‘Ceasefire’ halts Yemen fighting A ceasefire is agreed in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, reports say, after government forces shell a protester camp there, reportedly killing seven people.