The Yemeni authorities declare a ceasefire with rebels in the north, who pledge to abide by the truce.
- 26 September, 2009 Yemen to fight rebels for ‘years’ Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh says his government is ready to spend five or six years fighting Shia rebels in the north.
- 21 September, 2009 Yemen’s North Hit by Bloodiest Fighting in Years The Yemeni Army fought back a major offensive by rebels in the northern city of Saada, killing dozens of insurgents, witnesses and Yemeni officials said.
- 10 September, 2009 Yemen claims success over rebels Yemeni officials say 17 Houthi fighters have been killed and four arrested in the latest fighting in the north of the country.
- 10 March, 2018 Donald Trump: North Korea Will Abide by Pledge to Suspend Missile Tests President Trump said Saturday he believes North Korea will abide by its pledge to suspend missile tests while he prepares for a summit
- 20 September, 2011 ‘Ceasefire’ halts Yemen fighting A ceasefire is agreed in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, reports say, after government forces shell a protester camp there, reportedly killing seven people.