Lebanese Druze leader Walid Jumblatt makes a move to improve relations with former foe Syria.
- 21 January, 2011 Lebanon’s Druze to back Hezbollah Lebanese politician Walid Jumblatt indicates he will back Shia militants Hezbollah in efforts to form a new coalition government.
- 16 March, 2012 Lebanon Druze head throws lot in with Syria rebels Lebanon's Druze chief Walid Jumblatt openly sided with the anti-regime camp in Syria on Friday as he marked the 35th anniversary of his father's assassination, which he has blamed on Damascus.
- 20 February, 2010 United States Lifts Syria Travel Advisory Despite a move to improve relations, Syria remains under sanctions and on an American list of countries supporting terrorism.
- 22 November, 2017 Angola's new leader shakes up old order, visits South Africa JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Angola's new leader is making surprising moves to shake himself free of the legacy of one of Africa's longest-serving presidents, and is seeking closer relations with South Africa.
- 17 February, 2010 Syria talks candid, US envoy says A top US diplomat describes as "candid" his talks with Syria's leader, part of a US move to improve ties with Damascus.