- 17 May, 2012 -- Syria opposition chief resigns amid infighting
Syrian National Council chief Burhan Ghalioun said on Thursday he will step down to avert divisions within the opposition bloc, after activists on the ground accused him of monopolising power.
- 28 January, 2012 -- Syria opposition seeks UN Security Council protection
The opposition Syrian National Council will call on the UN Security Council to provide protection from the regime of President Bashar al-Assad, a spokesman said on Saturday.
- 20 July, 2012 -- SNC chief reassures minorities on post-Assad Syria
The new head of the opposition Syrian National Council on Friday sought to reassure the country's minorities on the consequences of a possible fall of the Assad regime, saying their rights would be protected.
- 20 January, 2009 -- UN chief pays ‘heartbreak’ visit to Gaza as truce holds
AFP - UN chief Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday paid what he called a "heartbreaking" first visit to the war-battered Gaza Strip where Israeli troops remained deployed on the third day of a ceasefire.
- 16 September, 2011 -- Syrian opposition unveils council
Syria's opposition groups choose 140 people to form a "national council" - as they try to unite against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad.