- 25 June, 2012 -- Standoff with Iran focus of Putin visit to Israel
The West's standoff with Iran over its nuclear program was expected to top the agenda on Monday as Russian President Vladimir Putin began a 24-hour visit to Israel.
- 8 April, 2013 -- Al-Qaida denies its No. 2 in Yemen was killed
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Al-Qaida in Yemen posted a statement on militant websites Monday saying that its second-most senior commander has not been killed. It was the second time the group has denied Saeed al-Shihri's death.
- 14 October, 2012 -- Analysis: Israel’s Netanyahu faces wild cards
The Israeli government has called a general election for Jan. 22, and polls suggest Benjamin Netanyahu's rightist-religious coalition is likely to win a renewed majority — but an array of wild cards make the outcome of this campaign unpredictabl...
- 29 April, 2012 -- Israeli prime minister explores early elections
In a political development with global implications, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday signaled he soon might call early elections — a decision that could put Mideast peace efforts on hold for months and cast more uncertainty on Israel's de...
- 20 January, 2013 -- Israel leader says Iran key issue, not settlements
JERUSALEM (AP) — Two days before Israeli elections, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is shrugging off international criticism of Israeli settlement construction, calling Iran's suspect nuclear program the real threat to regional security.