Visiting Russian President Vladimir Putin praised his Palestinian counterpart Tuesday for what he said was a "responsible" position in negotiations with Israel, frozen for nearly four years, and said Russia has no problem recognizing a Palestinian state.
- 21 March, 2013 -- Rockets hit Israel as Obama meets Palestinians
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — U.S. President Barack Obama is meeting Palestinian officials on the second day of his Mideast tour to emphasize the importance of reaching an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal, a message underscored Thursday when Palestinian militants in Gaza launched rockets into so...
- 27 June, 2012 -- Russia says Iran should be part of Syria summit
Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Iran should be invited to an international meeting on the Syria conflict in Geneva at the weekend.
- 14 December, 2012 -- As Syrian rebels close in, Assad has cards to play
With rebels trying to penetrate Syria's capital, Damascus, President Bashar Assad may appear to be heading for a last stand as his weakened regime crumbles around him.
- 31 March, 2013 -- Palestinian leader clamps down on critics
HUSSAN, West Bank (AP) — Mahmoud Abbas' government in the West Bank is getting tougher with critics, interrogating, prosecuting and even jailing several journalists and bloggers in recent months for allegedly "defaming" the Western-backed Palestinian leader.
- 30 January, 2009 -- Mitchell warns of setbacks ahead in Mideast talks
Reuters - President Barack Obama's Middle East envoy said Friday there would be further setbacks in the search for peace between Israel and the Palestinians.