- 22 March, 2012 -- Qaeda gunmen kidnap, kill Yemen intelligence officer
Suspected Al-Qaeda gunmen killed a Yemeni intelligence officer by cutting his throat after kidnapping him at Mukalla, capital of the southeastern Hadramawt province, a police official told AFP.
- 28 November, 2011 -- Yemen army ‘kills nine Al-Qaeda suspects’
Yemen's army shelled suspected Al-Qaeda positions in the capital of the troubled Abyan province, killing nine militants in its battle to win control of the city, a local official told AFP on Monday.
- 26 May, 2012 -- Yemen army, Qaeda clashes leave 33 dead
Thirty-three people, including six soldiers, were killed in Saturday clashes between Al-Qaeda and the army in southern Yemen as troops advanced towards the Abyan provincial capital Zinjibar, military and local sources said.
- 19 April, 2012 -- Yemeni troops kill seven Qaeda suspects in south
Seven Al-Qaeda suspects, including four Somali nationals, have been killed in battles with Yemeni troops near the southern town of Loder, the ministry of defence said on Thursday.
- 31 December, 2011 -- Two Yemen soldiers killed in clashes with Qaeda suspects
Two Yemeni soldiers and two suspected Al-Qaeda militants were killed in clashes overnight near the restive southern city of Zinjibar, a military source said on Saturday.