Syrian troops clashed with rebels in the city of Aleppo for a second day Saturday, forcing inhabitants to flee to safer areas in some of the fiercest fighting to date in a key bastion of support President Bashar Assad, activists said.
- 27 June, 2012 -- Syria: TV station attacked, 3 staffers killed
Syria's state-run news agency says gunmen have attacked the headquarters of a pro-government TV station, killing three employees.
- 30 June, 2012 -- Syrian troops recover rebellious Damascus suburb
Syrian troops have regained control of a rebellious Damascus suburb after a 10-day assault that left dozens dead, hundreds wounded and caused a major humanitarian crisis, activists said Saturday.
- 8 January, 2012 -- Clashes kill 11 Syrian soldiers
Syrian activists say 11 soldiers and several civilians have died in clashes and attacks.
- 30 May, 2012 -- 13 corpses found in Syria amid massacre fallout
Thirteen bound corpses, many apparently shot execution-style, have been discovered in eastern Syria, U.N. observers said Wednesday, days after the massacre of more than 100 people provoked international outrage and the coordinated expulsion of Syrian d...
- 24 July, 2012 -- Syria could use chemical weapons if attacked
Syria threatened Monday to unleash its chemical and biological weapons if the country faces a foreign attack, a desperate warning from a regime that has failed to crush a powerful and strengthening rebellion.