Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to become the first top US diplomat to visit communist-run Laos in 57 years, as part of an eight-nation tour that also takes her to Egypt and Israel, the State Department announced Thursday.
- 24 August, 2017 U.S. may sanction four countries for refusing deportees: DHS The United States could impose additional penalties on four unidentified countries that do not cooperate with requests to return their citizens, a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesman said Wednesday. The State Department and the DHS can sanction countries that do not […]
- 16 January, 2016 From Davos to Laos, another world tour for John Kerry US Secretary of State John Kerry sets off on another tour around the world next week that will take him to Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The State Department, which released Kerry's schedule late Friday, said the top US diplomat will travel to Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Laos, […]
- 2 August, 2017 Boy Scouts say Donald Trump's claim their leader phoned him to praise speech is untrue Donald Trumpâ€™s claim that the leader of The Boy Scouts of America phoned him to compliment him on this controversial recent speech to thousands of its members, has been contradicted by the organisation. The US President was criticised for his overtly political address […]
- 2 January, 2018 Trump says US justice department part of 'deep state' and demands action against top Clinton aide Huma Abedin Donald Trump has termed his own Justice Department part of the ‘deep state’, as he called for it to take action against Hillary Clinton’s former top aide, Huma Abedin. In one of a series of early morning tweets, Mr Trump claimed Ms Abedin had been acc...
- 2 January, 2018 Trump Attacks Justice Department As 'Deep State,' Calls For Jailing Top Clinton Aide WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump on Tuesday renewed his attack on his “deep state” Justice Department, and said a top aide to 2016 election rival Hillary Clinton should be jailed.