- 19 July, 2012 -- Egypt’s ex-spy chief Omar Suleiman dies
Egypt's former spy chief Omar Suleiman, deposed president Hosni Mubarak's top lieutenant and keeper of secrets, died Thursday, the country's official news agency reported. He was 76.
- 3 February, 2009 -- Hamas meets Egypt intelligence chief on Gaza truce
AFP - The Islamist Hamas movement remained defiant on Tuesday in its demands of Israel for a longer-term truce in Gaza as renewed violence around the Palestinian territory overshadowed fresh talks with Egyptian mediators.
- 9 April, 2013 -- Egypt’s pope sharply criticizes president
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's Coptic Christian pope delivered an unprecedented direct criticism of the Islamist president Tuesday after a mob attack on the church's main cathedral, saying he had failed to protect the building and warning that the country is collapsing.
- 8 August, 2012 -- Gaza closure sends prices soaring, smugglers say
Egypt's tight closure on neighboring Gaza after a weekend attack by Islamic militants has sent Gaza prices for construction materials soaring and left hundreds of medical patients stranded, officials said Wednesday.
- 8 August, 2012 -- Egypt airstrikes target militants in Sinai
Egyptian military attack helicopters fired missiles on suspected Islamic militants in the Sinai Peninsula on Wednesday, officials and residents said, in the first Egyptian airstrike in the territory since 1973 in the wake of the bloodiest ever militant...