Egypt's parliament speaker has invited the lower house to convene on Tuesday following a decision by the president to reinstate the assembly, in a challenge to the military that disbanded the legislature.
- 13 September, 2017 Singapore names first woman president, raising eyebrows over election process By Fathin Ungku SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore named a former speaker of parliament as the multicultural city-state's first woman president on Wednesday while critics expressed dismay that other candidates were disqualified and the election went unco...
- 12 November, 2017 U.S. to promote 'universal access' to fossil fuels at climate talks By Valerie Volcovici WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States hopes to promote wider use of fossil fuels at a global meeting on climate change next week, a White House official said, reflecting the gaping divide between Washington and the rest of the ...
- 27 October, 2017 Trump welcomes children of the press into the White House for Halloween President Trump welcomes some children of the White House Press Corps into the Oval Office
- 7 November, 2017 Paul Ryan Defends His Call For Prayers After Texas Mass Shooting: 'Prayer Works' House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is defending his call for prayers after a gunman killed 26 people in a Texas church on Sunday.
- 9 July, 2012 Egypt’s parliament speaker calls new session The speaker of Egypt's Islamist-dominated parliament called Monday for the legislature to meet this week, raising the stakes in a tense standoff with the powerful military which backed a court ruling to dissolve the chamber.