- 20 March, 2013 -- Rights group to Libya: Stop destroying town
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — An international rights group on Wednesday urged the Libyan government to halt the "systematic destruction" of a town whose residents backed ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi during the country's civil war.
- 6 July, 2012 -- Libyan militias shut down 3 oil refineries in east
A former Libyan rebel commander says militias have shut down three oil refineries in the country's east on the eve of national elections to press the transitional government to cancel the vote.
- 7 July, 2012 -- Libyans hold 1st nationwide vote in decades
Jubilant Libyans chose a new parliament Saturday in their first nationwide vote in decades, but violence and protests in the restive east underscored the challenges ahead as the oil-rich North African nation struggles to restore stability after last ye...
- 3 January, 2012 -- Libya plans vote on assembly to draft constitution
Libya's interim government has proposed a draft law for electing an assembly to draft a new constitution — a first step to setting up a new government after the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi.
- 17 May, 2012 -- Libya faces daunting task of vetting candidates
Libya faces the daunting task of vetting thousands of candidates wishing to compete in June elections for a constituent assembly, with several bodies involved in the process.