Gunmen killed five soldiers and policemen on Saturday when they attacked a checkpoint in a Turkmen town in northern Iraq, an army captain said.
- 18 June, 2010 -- On Violent Day, Seven Iraqi Soldiers Killed Near Syria
Gunmen ambushed an Iraqi Army checkpoint near the Syrian border Friday, an attack that punctuated a violent day across Iraq in which more than 20 people were killed.
- 9 July, 2009 -- Dozens killed in Iraqi bombings
At least 34 people are killed in bomb attacks in northern Iraq, the deadliest since US troops withdrew from Iraqi towns.
- 12 April, 2012 -- Six killed in Iraq attacks
Gunmen ambushed a police patrol in northern Iraq on Thursday, killing two policemen and three civilians, while a bomb in central Iraq killed an eight-year-old girl, security officials said.
- 30 April, 2009 -- Turkey strikes Iraqi Kurd rebels
Turkish warplanes bomb PKK bases in northern Iraq, a day after rebel attacks killed 10 Turkish soldiers, the army says.
- 2 August, 2012 -- Attacks on Iraq checkpoints kill eight
Three attacks on separate checkpoints north of Baghdad on Thursday killed eight people, including four policemen and three anti-Qaeda militiamen, Iraqi officials said.