Members of army’s Manpower Directorate oppose creation of separate combat unit for ultra-Orthodox soldiers. ‘This goes against the people’s army principle,’ they say
- 23 July, 2015 Palestinian killed by IDF fire during arrest operation IDF and Palestinians provide differing account of incident in which 53-year-old was shot dead in West Bank during arrest operation.
- 1 July, 2015 Second Temple-era ritual bath found under house Couple from Ein Kerem in Jerusalem discovered during renovations that a 2,000-year-old mikveh was right underneath their floors, giving credence to theory that there was a Jewish settlement at the site.
- 16 December, 2013 Lebanese sniper kills IDF soldier along border IDF soldier killed along border with Lebanon after being shot by Lebanese Army sniper who 'acted on own accord,' initial army investigation suggests. Soldier, Petty Officer 1st Class Shlomi Cohen, 31 from Afula, will be laid to rest Monday afternoon
- 2 August, 2013 Forget doctor-patient privilege: Army demands medical files If you're enlisting, don’t expect doctor-patient privilege – new IDF order allows army to access patient files, directly from healthcare provider. Doctors warn, ‘It’s an ethical issue’. Army insists, ‘For good of soldiers’
- 11 July, 2013 5-year-old Palestinian detained by IDF Child suspected of throwing stones near Hebron detained by IDF, transferred to Palestinian Police. Father claims to have been beaten by soldiers. Watch B'Tselem's video