A suicide bomber blew up a car packed with explosives near an anti-Qaeda militiaman's home in western Iraq on Friday, killing six people, the latest victims of a spike in nationwide unrest.
- 28 November, 2011 -- 11 killed in Iraq suicide bombing outside jail
A suicide car bomber detonated an explosives-packed vehicle at a prison north of Baghdad on Monday, killing 11 people and wounding at least 15, security officials said.
- 27 January, 2012 -- Suicide bomber kills 32 at Iraq funeral procession
A suicide bomber detonated an explosives-packed car near a funeral procession in Baghdad on Friday, killing at least 32 people — including six policemen who were guarding the march — in the latest brazen attack since the U.S. troop withdrawal from...
- 4 July, 2012 -- 11 killed in new Iraq attacks ahead of Shiite rituals
A car bombing at a market in central Iraq killed eight people on Wednesday and three others were murdered in Baghdad, the latest in a spike in nationwide unrest ahead of Shiite rituals.
- 19 February, 2012 -- Suicide bomb kills 15 at Baghdad police academy
A suicide car bomber blew himself up in front of a Baghdad police academy on Sunday, killing 15 people and wounding 21 others in the deadliest attack in the Iraqi capital in weeks, security officials said.
- 20 May, 2012 -- Suicide blast hits Syria as G8 calls for end to violence
A suicide bomber detonated a car bomb in eastern Syria on Saturday killing nine people, as G8 leaders called for a "political transition" in Syria and an end to violence that has claimed an estimated 12,000 lives.