Dozens of Islamic militants fired rifles in the air Tuesday in a rousing homecoming for a member of the Palestinian national soccer team who was released by Israel after being held for three years without formal charges.
- 16 July, 2014 Israeli army agrees to ‘humanitarian’ pause GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — The Israeli military agreed to a U.N.-brokered five-hour "humanitarian" pause starting Thursday in its strikes on the Gaza Strip to allow Palestinians to restock food, water and other necessities, hours after an attack by an Israeli naval vessel killed […]
- 11 January, 2014 No Palestinian tears for ‘criminal’ Sharon Ramallah (Palestinian Territories) (AFP) - Palestinians on Saturday hailed the death of former Israeli premier Ariel Sharon, describing him as a "criminal" but regretting that he is now permanently beyond the reach of the law. Human Rights Watch (HRW) also lamented the fact Sharon was […]
- 21 February, 2012 Israel to free Palestinian hunger striker A Palestinian prisoner on Tuesday agreed to end his 66-day hunger strike after reaching a deal with Israel that will free him in April, the Israeli Justice Ministry said.
- 30 December, 2017 Gazan dies after border clash with Israel forces A Gazan died on Saturday after being wounded by Israeli fire during a protest on the border over US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, a Palestinian health official said. Jamal Muslih, 20, of Al-Bureij refugee camp in central Gaza, had been...
- 19 January, 2014 Israel plans laser interceptor ‘Iron Beam’ for short-range rockets Israel plans to deploy a new missile shield known as "Iron Beam" next year which would use a laser to blow up short-range rockets and mortar bombs, a defense industry official said on Sunday. The system is designed to deal with threats that fly on too ...