Israelis rushed to get government-issue gas masks Wednesday, the latest sign of mounting fears that Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles could be used against them as the crisis there deepens.
- 11 December, 2013 Snow hits Golan, Lebanon, Syria as Israel braces for storm Snow begins to fall in Golan as Jerusalem braces for snow storm. Meanwhile, refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan ill-equipped for coming winter. From Beirut to Tel Aviv, rain slowly turns to snow
- 1 April, 2018 Hearts ache, anger surges after Siberian mall fire kills 64 KEMEROVO, Russia (AP) — Trapped inside a movie theater at a burning shopping center, 11-year-old Vika Pochankina made a panicked phone call to her aunt. "I'm suffocating. Tell Mama that I loved her," the girl said.
- 12 May, 2009 Israel Closes Media Center, Upsetting Palestinians The Israeli police closed down an official Palestinian media center that had been set up in East Jerusalem for the visit of Pope Benedict XVI.
- 25 August, 2013 Israeli demand for gas masks spikes on rising Syria tensions Israel Postal Company, which operates the mask distribution centers, says that on Sunday alone it received four times the usual number of requests.
- 1 February, 2013 Syria threatens retaliation for Israeli airstrike BEIRUT (AP) ó Syria threatened Thursday to retaliate for an Israeli airstrike and its ally Iran said the Jewish state will regret the attack.