- 9 February, 2009 -- Abbas ready to cooperate with any new Israeli government
AFP - Palestinian Authority president Mahmud Abbas said Monday in Warsaw he was ready to cooperate with any new Israeli government that emerges from Tuesday's general election.
- 6 May, 2012 -- Palestinian president orders website bans lifted
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas has ordered the lifting of a ban on several websites critical of him, according to a statement published by the official news agency WAFA.
- 12 February, 2012 -- Palestinian unity deal a mistake: Gaza Hamas leader
Senior Hamas official Mahmud Zahar slammed a Palestinian unity deal as a "mistake" that has thrown the Islamist movement into crisis, in an interview with Egypt's official MENA agency published on Sunday.
- 12 February, 2012 -- Arabs support Palestinian call for peace conference
Arab foreign ministers meeting in Cairo on Sunday supported a Palestinian request for an international peace conference aimed at reaching a comprehensive solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- 28 November, 2011 -- Fatah, Hamas may address Israel recongition: Abbas
The refusal of Hamas to recognise Israel could be discussed in the next round of talks between the Islamist group and its rival Fatah, Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas said Monday.