- 5 April, 2012 -- Obama joins meeting with Iraqi Kurd leader
US President Barack Obama dropped in on a meeting Wednesday between Vice President Joe Biden and the leader of Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region, the White House said in a statement.
- 6 February, 2013 -- US: Obama peace agenda ‘urgent’ on Israel visit
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama will bring an "urgent" peacemaking agenda to Israel on his upcoming visit, focusing on the region and the resumption of talks between Israel and the Palestinians, U.S. Ambassador Dan Shapiro said Wednesday.
- 5 March, 2012 -- Israel must remain ‘master of its fate’: Netanyahu
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday that Israel must remains "master of its fate" as he opened talks with US President Barack Obama on issues including potential nuclear threats from Iran.
- 15 March, 2013 -- Obama needs to charm skeptical Israelis in visit
JERUSALEM (AP) — Barack Obama's vow to take his message straight to the public during his first presidential visit to Israel will be a tough sell with many Israelis who consider him naive, too soft on the nation's enemies and cool to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- 20 March, 2013 -- Obama set to plunge into roiling Mideast waters
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama is plunging into the turbulent Middle East on a mission aimed primarily at assuring America's top ally in the region and its friends back home that it will not be forsaken amid bitter domestic political squabbles and budget crises in Washington.