- 21 July, 2012 -- Turkish trucks burned, looted by ‘independent groups’
"Independent groups" ransacked and burned 30 Turkish trucks at a border post in Syria, the governor of the neighbouring Turkish province told reporters after a security meeting Saturday
- 29 March, 2013 -- Syrian rebels in strategic battle for south
BEIRUT (AP) — Capitalizing on a recent influx of weapons, Syrian rebels are waging a strategic battle for the southern part of the country and seeking to secure a corridor from the Jordanian border to Damascus in preparation for an eventual assault on the capital.
- 5 August, 2012 -- Kurd rebels storm Turkey border post, 22 killed
Kurdish rebels stormed a Turkish army post on the Iraq border Sunday, triggering fighting that killed 22 people in the latest clash since Ankara launched a major offensive against the outlawed PKK.
- 4 August, 2012 -- Iran says arming Syria rebels will destabilise region
The arming of Syria's rebels will have "very bad implications in the region," Iran's Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said on Saturday, according to state television.
- 10 March, 2012 -- Syria pounds protest city hours before Annan visit
Syrian troops heavily shelled the northwestern protest city of Idlib early Saturday, in an apparent prelude to a ground assault just hours before the scheduled arrival of international peace envoy Kofi Annan, a watchdog and an activist said.