- 9 March, 2012 AP Interview: Syria opposition chief rejects talks The leader of Syria's main opposition group rejected calls Friday by U.N. envoy Kofi Annan for dialogue with President Bashar Assad's government, saying such talks are pointless and unrealistic as long as the regime massacres its own people.
- 14 July, 2012 Calls for tough UN action after Syria killings Peace envoy Kofi Annan said Friday Syria had "flouted" Security Council resolutions with mass killings in Treimsa village, as UN chief Ban Ki-moon demanded that the Council act to stop the bloodshed.
- 23 August, 2012 Fighting across Syria as last UN monitors leave Syrian troops backed by tanks and helicopters broke into a Damascus suburb on Thursday following two days of shelling and intense clashes as part of a widening offensive by President Bashar Assad's forces to seize control of parts of the capital a...
- 8 May, 2012 Peace plan last chance to avoid Syria civil war: Annan UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan on Tuesday told the UN Security Council that his peace plan for Syria could be the "last chance to avoid civil war," UN diplomats said.
- 22 March, 2012 UN hopes to turn tide in Syria with peace plan The UN Security Council on Thursday awaited Syria's response to its demand for the "immediate" implementation of a plan by special envoy Kofi Annan to rein in the government's bloody crackdown.