An election worker was killed in Libya on Friday when gunmen fired on a helicopter transporting material for Saturday's first national election since Moamer Kadhafi was overthrown, an official said.
- 6 July, 2012 -- Libyan militias shut down 3 oil refineries in east
A former Libyan rebel commander says militias have shut down three oil refineries in the country's east on the eve of national elections to press the transitional government to cancel the vote.
- 16 March, 2012 -- Armed clashes erupt after federalist rally in Libya
Backers and opponents of federalism clashed in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi on Friday with guns, rocks and knives, amid conflicting reports on casualties.
- 6 July, 2012 -- Oil terminals in east Libya ‘forced to shut’
Armed federalists forced two oil terminals in east Libya to halt production, sources said, days ahead of the first elections since a popular uprising toppled the regime of Moamer Kadhafi.
- 7 March, 2012 -- Libya leader threatens ‘force’ to foil autonomy bid
Libyan leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said on Wednesday he would defend national unity with force if necessary, after federalists declared autonomy for the oil-rich eastern region of Cyrenaica.
- 19 April, 2012 -- Violence mars Bahrain Grand Prix on eve of practice runs
Violence marred Bahrain's controversial Grand Prix race as a fire bomb exploded near Force India team members and protesters clashed with police in the lead-up to the Formula One practice runs set to begin on Friday.