Fresh violence between Turkish security forces and Kurdish rebels in the restive southeast left at least nine dead on Thursday, eyewitnesses told AFP.
- 24 June, 2012 -- Turkey bombs Kurd positions in Iraq
Turkish warplanes have carried out strikes on suspected Kurdish militant targets in northern Iraq, the army said on Sunday.
- 24 March, 2012 -- Turkish forces kill 15 women Kurd rebels
Turkish security forces killed 15 rebel Kurds, all of them women, in fighting in the separatist heartland in the southeast of the country on Saturday, the interior ministry said.
- 5 August, 2012 -- Kurd rebels storm Turkey border post, 22 killed
Kurdish rebels stormed a Turkish army post on the Iraq border Sunday, triggering fighting that killed 22 people in the latest clash since Ankara launched a major offensive against the outlawed PKK.
- 19 October, 2011 -- Rebels kill 26 Turkish soldiers
At least 26 Turkish soldiers die in clashes with Kurdish rebels in south-east Turkey, officials say, reportedly sparking retaliatory raids into Iraq.
- 20 October, 2011 -- Turkey steps up offensive in Iraq
Some 10,000 Turkish soldiers are taking part in a military offensive in northern Iraq and south-east Turkey, following a deadly attack by Kurdish rebels.