Activists say clashes between Syrian government troops and rebels are raging in the opposition bastion of Saleheddine and other districts of the besieged city of Aleppo.
- 30 July, 2012 -- Tens of thousands flee Syria’s largest city
Smoking a cigarette outside a Turkish hospital near the Syrian border, a man in a gray gown and flip-flops held his sleeping 2-year-old daughter, Aya. On Aya's right eye was a bandage. In her left hand was a chocolate bar.
- 26 April, 2013 -- Heavy fighting reported north of Syrian capital
BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian government troops pushed into two northern Damascus neighborhoods on Friday, triggering heavy fighting with rebels as they tried to advance under air and artillery support, activists said.
- 6 August, 2012 -- Syria: Bomb blast in state TV building in Damascus
A bomb ripped through the third floor of the state TV building in Damascus on Monday, shattering several offices and wounding at least three employees, Syrian TV said.
- 29 July, 2012 -- Syria troops shell Aleppo neighborhoods
Syrian troops fired tank shells and artillery Sunday at neighborhoods in Aleppo as rebels tried to repel a government ground assault against their positions in Syria's largest city, activists said.
- 2 January, 2013 -- Syrian rebels attack air base in the north
BEIRUT (AP) — A Syrian activist group says scores of rebels are attacking a sprawling air base in the northern province of Idlib.