Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi swore in a new cabinet on Thursday that retained military chief Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi as defence minister while giving the Islamists and their allies several portfolios.
- 28 July, 2012 -- Egypt PM to announce cabinet on Thursday
Egypt's new prime minister, Hisham Qandil, will announce a cabinet on Thursday, almost a month after President Mohamed Morsi took office amid a power struggle with the military, state media reported on Saturday.
- 1 August, 2012 -- Egypt’s PM selects new cabinet: state TV
Egypt's Prime Minister Hisham Qandil has selected a new government in which the finance and foreign ministers from the outgoing cabinet will retain their posts, state television reported on Wednesday.
- 25 November, 2011 -- Egypt protesters block cabinet HQ: AFP
Protesters blocked the entrance to Egypt's cabinet headquarters on Friday in a bid to prevent newly-named Prime Minister Kamal al-Ganzuri from entering the building, an AFP reporter said.
- 6 July, 2012 -- Egypt’s president orders probe of protester deaths
Egypt's new president appointed a fact-finding committee to investigate the killing of protesters since the outbreak of last year's popular uprising that toppled his predecessor, Hosni Mubarak.
- 19 December, 2012 -- Ex-Israeli military chief and minister dies at 68
JERUSALEM (AP) — Amnon Lipkin-Shahak, a former Israeli military chief who later became a Cabinet minister, died Wednesday after a long battle with cancer. He was 68.