- 19 May, 2013 -- Video shows kidnapped Egyptian security officers
CAIRO (AP) — Seven men purported to be the members of Egypt's security forces kidnapped by suspected militants last week appeared in a video posted online Sunday and urged the government to secure their release by meeting their captors' demands.
- 13 July, 2012 -- Egypt Bedouin kidnap two US tourists: police
Bedouin men kidnapped two US tourists and their guide in Egypt's lawless Sinai on Friday, police said, adding that they were demanding the release of a jailed tribesman in exchange for the hostages.
- 25 August, 2012 -- Hamas team headed to Egypt for security talks
A Hamas delegation was to head to Cairo for security talks later Saturday amid Egyptian anger at a deadly raid on an army post near the Gaza border earlier this month, officials from the Islamist group said.
- 16 May, 2013 -- Militants kidnap 6 Egyptian security men in Sinai
CAIRO (AP) — Suspected militants in Egypt's Sinai abducted six security personnel as they headed to Cairo for holidays early Thursday, security officials said, the first such kidnapping of security forces in the increasingly lawless peninsula.
- 15 August, 2009 -- Hamas says Gaza now under control
Hamas says that it has restored order in southern Gaza after a bloody crackdown on a radical Islamist group.