Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is to attend an extraordinary summit of Muslim leaders in the holy city of Mecca next week at the invitation of the Saudi king, an aide said on Monday.
- 5 August, 2012 -- Saudi invites Iran for extraordinary Muslim summit
Saudi King Abdullah invited Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for an extraordinary summit of Muslim leaders to be held this month in the holy city of Mecca, state news agency SPA reported Sunday.
- 30 March, 2012 -- Clinton in Saudi push to end crackdown in Syria
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton met King Abdullah on Friday in the Saudi capital, state news agency SPA said, as she kicked off a two-country tour aimed at raising pressure on the Syrian regime.
- 22 November, 2010 -- Saudi crown prince returns home
Saudi's Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz returns home from Morocco, as King Abdullah prepares to go to the US for medical treatment.
- 5 August, 2009 -- Defiant Iran president takes oath
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is sworn in for a second term as president of Iran, amid continuing post-election protests.
- 26 November, 2011 -- Anti-royal graffiti on walls of eastern Saudi
Slogans against the royal family have been daubed on walls in the Shiite heartland of eastern Saudi Arabia, the scene of deadly clashes with security forces, an AFP photographer said Friday.