Iran on Sunday stepped up relief operations in shattered villages in its northeast after saying rescue operations were completed following a double earthquake which cost 227 lives and injured 1,380 people.
- 14 August, 2012 -- Iran pair rescued from quakes after three days: reports
Two people were pulled out alive from the rubble on Tuesday three days after weekend quakes levelled villages in northwestern Iran, state media reported, and well after authorities halted rescue operations.
- 11 August, 2012 -- At least 87 dead in Iran quakes
Two strong quakes in quick succession struck towns and destroyed villages in northwest Iran, killing at least 87 people and injuring 600 on Saturday, officials said.
- 11 May, 2013 -- Iran lifts ban on Reuters news agency
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — An Iranian semi-official news agency says a court has lifted a ban on the Reuters news agency, allowing it to restart its operations in Iran.
- 21 December, 2010 -- Earthquake hits south-east Iran
A powerful earthquake hits south-eastern Iran, killing at least seven people and destroying several villages in Kerman province.
- 14 April, 2013 -- Iran urged to boost nuke safety review after quake
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — The head of the Gulf states' main political bloc is urging Iran to join an international accord on nuclear safety following an earthquake near the country's lone energy-producing reactor.