A bomb struck the convoy of a senior Sunni cleric in western Baghdad on Sunday, killing four and critically wounding the anti-extremist Muslim leader, police said.
- 19 August, 2012 -- Syria’s Assad makes rare public appearance
Syrian President Bashar Assad attended prayers in a Damascus mosque to mark the start of a Muslim holiday on Sunday, his first appearance in public since the bombing last month that killed four of his top security officials.
- 3 January, 2013 -- Car bomb in Iraq kills 12 Shiite pilgrims
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi officials say a car bomb has struck a procession of Shiite pilgrims south of Baghdad, killing at least 12 and wounding dozens.
- 22 August, 2012 -- Egypt’s Islamist president to visit US next month
Egypt's Islamist president will visit the United States next month, an aide said Wednesday. The visit could serve as a step toward cementing Egypt's longtime alliance with the U.S.
- 16 August, 2012 -- Egyptian TV presenter, chief editor to go on trial
An Egyptian court on Thursday ordered a popular TV presenter and a chief editor of an independent daily to face trial for insulting the country's newly elected Islamist president.
- 7 January, 2012 -- Blast kills 2 Shiite pilgrims south of Baghdad
Iraqi officials say a roadside bomb has killed two Shiite pilgrims and wounded eight south of Baghdad.