Israel's foreign ministry on Thursday summoned South Africa's envoy to formally protest Pretoria's decision to place "Occupied Palestinian Territory" labels on goods from Jewish settlements.
- 3 April, 2012 -- Settlers ignore deadline to leave West Bank house
Dozens of Jewish settlers on Tuesday ignored a deadline to evacuate an illegally occupied West Bank house, as the government remained silent on whether they would be allowed to stay.
- 13 December, 2011 -- Settlers clash with Israeli troops in West Bank
Israeli settlers clashed with troops at an army base in the West Bank early Tuesday and along the territory's border with Jordan, the Israeli military said, in a sign of growing animosity between extremist settlers and soldiers who are supposed to gua...
- 14 May, 2012 -- EU castigates Israel over settlements, Palestinians
EU foreign ministers on Monday issued a harsh critique of Israel, saying the gathering pace of settlement-building, settler extremism and ill-treatment of Palestinians threatens a two-state solution.
- 13 February, 2012 -- Settler: Unauthorized outpost to stay 2 more years
Israeli settlers from an unauthorized West Bank outpost said Monday they have accepted an offer from the government to stay put for two more years, despite Israeli Supreme Court orders to evacuate them next month.
- 27 March, 2012 -- Israel cuts contact with UN rights council
The Israeli foreign ministry decided on Monday to cut contact with the United Nations Human Rights Council after it said last week it would investigate Israeli settlements, a spokesman said.