More than 100 tanks have been seized from a militia loyal to Libya's ousted leader Moamer Kadhafi that posed as "revolutionaries" in the region of Tarhuna, the interior ministry said on Thursday.
- 9 April, 2013 -- Libyan prime minister’s abducted aide is freed
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — A senior Libyan official says that the prime minister's chief of staff has been freed after eight days in captivity by a militia.
- 27 December, 2011 -- Libya struggles to address issue of militias
Libya's rulers are struggling to deal with thousands of civilian fighters who helped oust Moamer Kadhafi and remain organised in armed brigades but now want key roles in the new government.
- 21 April, 2012 -- 2 killed in south Libya clashes: tribal leader
Clashes pitting tribesmen against a peacekeeping brigade in southeast Libya left two people dead and four others wounded, according to local sources.
- 25 November, 2011 -- Egypt military rulers reject calls to step down
Egypt's military rulers rejected protester demands for them to step down immediately and said Thursday they would start the first round of parliamentary elections on time next week, despite serious unrest in Cairo and other cities.
- 15 May, 2012 -- US helps Yemen in offensive on al-Qaida in south
Yemeni warplanes and troops backed by heavy artillery waged a four-front assault Tuesday against the strongholds of al-Qaida militants in the south, with U.S. troops for the first time helping direct the offensive from a nearby desert air base-turned-c...