Syrian helicopters have dropped leaflets over the northern city of Aleppo urging residents not to shelter rebels and warning the Free Syrian Army it had one last chance to surrender.
- 28 July, 2012 -- Syrian forces move to retake Aleppo
Syrian government tanks backed by attack helicopters swept into Aleppo on Saturday as the regime launched an assault to regain control of the country's largest city a week after rebels seized several neighborhoods.
- 16 August, 2012 -- Army pummels Aleppo ‘as 34 killed’ in Syria
The Syrian army pummelled districts across the embattled northern city of Aleppo on Thursday, leaving 18 civilians dead, while eight soldiers died in clashes with rebels, a watchdog said.
- 2 January, 2013 -- Syrian rebels attack air base in the north
BEIRUT (AP) — A Syrian activist group says scores of rebels are attacking a sprawling air base in the northern province of Idlib.
- 22 August, 2012 -- Syria forces unleash deadly assault on Damascus
Syrian forces backed by helicopter gunships and tanks launched a deadly assault on parts of Damascus on Wednesday, activists said, as the regime battles to stamp out rebel resistance in the capital.
- 19 November, 2012 -- Syrian Islamists reject Western-backed opposition
Syria's increasingly powerful Islamist rebel factions rejected the country's new Western-backed opposition coalition and unilaterally declared an Islamic state in the key battleground of Aleppo, a sign of the seemingly intractable splits amon...