- 21 March, 2013 -- Obama skeptical of Assad claim on chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the United States is investigating whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria, but he's "deeply skeptical" of claims by Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime that rebel forces were behind such an attack.
- 19 March, 2013 -- Chemical attack in north Syria: ‘People fell dead to the floor’
Israeli security officials believe chemical agents were in fact used near Aleppo by rebels or Assad forces. Young girl: My chest closed up. I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe
- 17 January, 2013 -- Syrian activists say dozens killed in village
BEIRUT (AP) — Activists said Thursday that forces loyal to President Bashar Assad wielding knives and guns swept through a small farming village in central Syria earlier this week, torching houses and killing at least 37 people, including women and children.
- 3 March, 2013 -- Syrian opposition head visits rebel areas in north
BEIRUT (AP) — Following rebel gains, the leader of the Syrian opposition made his first visit Sunday to areas near the embattled northern city of Aleppo as fighters trying to oust President Bashar Assad captured a police academy and a border crossing along the frontier with Iraq.
- 27 March, 2013 -- Officials: Arms shipments rise to Syrian rebels
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Mideast powers opposed to President Bashar Assad have dramatically stepped up weapons supplies to Syrian rebels in coordination with the U.S. in preparation for a push on the capital of Damascus, officials and Western military experts said Wednesday.