Turkish authorities crossed the Syrian border Sunday to distribute humanitarian aid to Syrians who have been forced from their homes and are massed at the border, emergency officials said.
- 3 August, 2012 -- Another Syrian general defects to Turkey
Another Syrian brigadier general has crossed the border into Turkey to join the ranks of opposition fighters, bringing the total number of rebel generals in Turkey to 29, a diplomat said Friday.
- 27 August, 2012 -- Syria refugees stranded at border half-way point
Terrorised by shelling and air strikes, tens of thousands of Syrians have packed up and crossed the border to Turkey, but some have also been forced to take refuge at the actual crossing.
- 4 September, 2012 -- Syria’s Assad holds talks with Red Cross chief
Syrian President Bashar Assad told the head of the International Committee of the Red Cross in talks in Damascus on Tuesday that the group is welcome to operate on the ground in the country as long as it remains "neutral and independent," sta...
- 31 August, 2012 -- AP Analysis: Syria diplomacy stalls over safe zone
Turkey's non-starter call for a humanitarian safe zone inside Syria offers the clearest sign yet that diplomacy to end the bloodshed in the most violent uprising of the Arab Spring is at a dead end.
- 11 June, 2011 -- Syrian refugees mount in Turkey
Turkey says 4,300 people have now crossed its border fleeing violence in northern Syria, as eyewitnesses detail a government crackdown.