- 22 August, 2012 -- Syria forces unleash deadly assault on Damascus
Syrian forces backed by helicopter gunships and tanks launched a deadly assault on parts of Damascus on Wednesday, activists said, as the regime battles to stamp out rebel resistance in the capital.
- 21 January, 2013 -- Moscow to start evacuating Russians from Syria
BEIRUT (AP) — Russia said Monday it is sending two planes to Lebanon to start evacuating its citizens from Syria, the strongest sign yet that President Bashar Assad's most important international ally has serious doubts about his ability to cling to power.
- 24 August, 2012 -- Deadly flare-up in Lebanon stokes Syria spillover fears
Clashes between pro- and anti-Syrian factions in the Lebanese city of Tripoli killed three people including a Sunni cleric on Friday, jeopardising a fragile truce, a security official said.
- 21 March, 2013 -- Obama skeptical of Assad claim on chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the United States is investigating whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria, but he's "deeply skeptical" of claims by Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime that rebel forces were behind such an attack.
- 19 August, 2012 -- Syrian helicopters drop leaflets over Aleppo
Syrian helicopters have dropped leaflets over the northern city of Aleppo urging residents not to shelter rebels and warning the Free Syrian Army it had one last chance to surrender.