Police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a second anti-government protest in the central Tunisian town of Sidi Bouzid, birthplace of last year's revolution.
- 26 July, 2012 -- Tunisia police fire warning shots, tear gas at protesters
Police fired warning shots and tear gas Thursday to disperse protesters who attacked provincial government headquarters in the town where Tunisia's revolution was born, an AFP correspondent witnessed.
- 17 December, 2011 -- Tunisia fetes poor town where revolt year began
Exactly one year ago, in a hardscrabble town in Tunisia's arid interior, the death knell sounded for the decades-old system of dictatorships across the Arab world.
- 24 November, 2011 -- Tunisian forces tear gas protesters
Security forces fired teargas and shot into the air to disperse thousands of protesters in central-west Tunisia on Wednesday, official and union sources said.
- 9 December, 2011 -- Bahrain security forces break up Shiite demo
Bahraini security forces on Friday fired tear gas, rubber bullets and stun grenades to disperse hundreds of demonstrators in a Shiite neighbourhood of the capital Manama, the opposition said.
- 31 August, 2012 -- Tunisia Islamists lead demo against old regime figures
Thousands of government supporters led by Islamists demonstrated on Friday in the Tunisian capital to demand the country be "cleansed" of corrupt figures from the previous regime.