- 27 September, 2012 -- Syria tells rebels on mobile phones: "Game over"
Syrian authorities on Thursday sent text messages over cell phones nationwide with a message for rebels fighting President Bashar Assad's regime: "Game over."
- 12 October, 2012 -- Syria activists say jihadis seize missile base
A shadowy jihadi group believed to be linked to al-Qaida fought alongside rebels who seized a government missile defense base in Syria on Friday, activists said, heightening fears that extremists are taking advantage of the chaos to acquire advanced we...
- 28 August, 2012 -- Civilians crushed in own homes in Syria’s Aleppo
The disfigured bodies of women and children brought into Aleppo's largest hospital bear witness to the intensity of the fighting in residential districts of Syria's second city.
- 15 October, 2012 -- Landmark mosque in Aleppo burned in fighting
Syrian President Bashar Assad ordered on Monday immediate repairs to a historic mosque in the city of Aleppo after fierce fighting between rebels and regime forces set parts of the compound on fire over the weekend.
- 30 October, 2012 -- Syria activists report 23 dead in Damascus suburb
Airstrikes by Syrian jets and shells from tanks leveled a neighborhood in a restive city near the capital of Damascus on Tuesday, killing 18 people, and at least five rebel fighters died nearby in clashes with regime troops, activists said.