- 5 August, 2009 -- Defiant Iran president takes oath
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is sworn in for a second term as president of Iran, amid continuing post-election protests.
- 17 April, 2012 -- Ahmadinejad warns against aggression on Iran
Iran's armed forces will make its enemies regret any act of aggression against the Islamic Republic, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned on Tuesday as Iranians marked National Army Day with a military parade near the capital Tehran.
- 29 August, 2012 -- UN chief hits host Iran over human rights
The U.N. chief jolted his Iranian hosts for a nonaligned nations meeting Wednesday by pointing out "serious concerns" in Tehran's human rights record and urging cooperation with the world body to improve freedoms.
- 7 April, 2012 -- Iran lawmaker: Country can produce nuclear weapons
Iran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce nuclear weapons but will never do so, a prominent lawmaker said.
- 28 June, 2012 -- Iran condemns US backing UAE over disputed island
Tehran on Thursday condemned the United States for backing the United Arab Emirates in its dispute with Iran over three Gulf islands, dubbing it "clear interference in Iran's domestic affairs."