- 22 November, 2012 -- Little sign of Libyan probe into consulate attack
After more than two months, Libya's investigation into the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi appears in limbo. Key security commanders and witnesses say they were never questioned. No suspects have been named, and gunmen seen participating ...
- 17 September, 2012 -- Video shows Libyans trying to rescue US ambassador
Libyans tried to rescue Ambassador Chris Stevens, cheering "God is great" and rushing him to a hospital after they discovered him still clinging to life inside the U.S. Consulate, according to witnesses and a new video that emerged Monday fro...
- 11 May, 2013 -- Libyan militiamen attack anti-Islamist protesters
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Scores of Libyan militiamen descended on an anti-Islamist rally in the nation's capital, Tripoli, kicking and beating protesters who had taken to the streets Friday as part of a call for mass demonstrations against the country's unruly militias and Muslim radicals.
- 8 January, 2013 -- Lawyer: Tunisian suspect in Libya attack freed
TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — A man linked by officials to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi has been conditionally released by a Tunisian judge due to lack of evidence, his lawyer said Tuesday.
- 10 May, 2013 -- Libya activists protest militias, Islamists
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Hundreds of Libyan activists rallied in three major cities across the country on Friday, denouncing the use of force by the country's unruly militias and decrying what they describe as political maneuverings by the nation's Muslim Brotherhood.