- 12 May, 2009 -- Israel Closes Media Center, Upsetting Palestinians
The Israeli police closed down an official Palestinian media center that had been set up in East Jerusalem for the visit of Pope Benedict XVI.
- 6 April, 2013 -- Lebanon names UK-educated lawmaker prime minister
BEIRUT (AP) — A British-educated lawmaker from a prominent political family was named Lebanon's new prime minister Saturday, and vowed to work toward ending divisions in the nation and preventing the civil war in neighboring Syria from spilling over into the country.
- 20 March, 2013 -- Rights group to Libya: Stop destroying town
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — An international rights group on Wednesday urged the Libyan government to halt the "systematic destruction" of a town whose residents backed ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi during the country's civil war.
- 1 December, 2011 -- Lebanon’s MEA tells pilots to end strike or face sack
Lebanese flag carrier Middle East Airlines (MEA) on Thursday warned striking pilots that they faced dismissal unless they go back to work.
- 23 October, 2012 -- Stolen car used in Beirut’s bombing
Lebanon's police chief says the car used in the Beirut bombing that killed a top anti-Syrian intelligence chief was stolen more than a year ago.