- 25 August, 2012 -- Egypt PM says new constitution by late September
Egypt will have a new constitution drafted by the end of September and ready to be submitted to a nationwide referendum, the country's prime minister said Saturday.
- 26 March, 2013 -- Egypt’s Morsi warns against foreign meddling
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Egypt's Islamist president has warned he will deal "firmly" and "decisively" with any foreign attempt to meddle in the affairs of his country, mired in turmoil for most of the two years since Hosni Mubarak's ouster.
- 21 March, 2013 -- Obama skeptical of Assad claim on chemical weapons
JERUSALEM (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday that the United States is investigating whether chemical weapons have been deployed in Syria, but he's "deeply skeptical" of claims by Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime that rebel forces were behind such an attack.
- 29 June, 2012 -- Egypt’s president-elect to rally Tahrir protesters
Thousands of Islamists flowed into Cairo's Tahrir Square to hear Egypt's president-elect make his first public speech since declaring victory in a clear bid to rally popular support as he faces a struggle for power with the country's rul...
- 29 June, 2012 -- Egypt president-elect to head to Tahrir Square
Egypt's president-elect plans Friday to address thousands who have camped out in Cairo's Tahrir Square to demonstrate against the military's hold on power despite the election of a new civilian leader, a nod to the protesters who support...