A hardline Muslim leader blamed for encouraging last week's violent protests outside the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia fled through a police cordon Monday around one of the capital's main mosques, where he had been holed up with his followers.
- 15 September, 2012 -- Tunisia’s ruling party condemns US Embassy attack
Tunisia's governing moderate Islamist party condemned the attack on the U.S. Embassy in Tunis and the neighboring American school, saying Saturday that such violence threatens the country's progress toward democracy after decades of dictators...
- 14 September, 2012 -- US consulate attack in Libya said twin operation
Heavily armed militants used a protest of an anti-Islam film as a cover and may have had help from inside Libyan security in their deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate, a senior Libyan official said Thursday.
- 23 September, 2012 -- Latest protests against depictions of Muhammad
Here's a look at protests and events on Sunday connected to an anti-Muslim film produced in the United States and vulgar caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad published in a French satirical weekly. At least 49 people, including the U.S. ambassador ...
- 15 October, 2012 -- Jet fighter crashes in Yemen, killing pilot
A Yemeni jet fighter crashed immediately after takeoff during a training mission on Monday, killing its pilot, Yemen's Defense Ministry said.
- 20 September, 2012 -- Latest developments in protest of anti-Islam film
Here's a look at protests and events across the world on Thursday connected to an anti-Muslim film and caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad. The U.S. Embassy in Pakistan placed advertisements condemning an anti-Islam video on local television in an...